Principles of Mentalism by Richard Osterlind
Do audiences really want to see experts and how do pseudo-demonstrations of NLP and psychology destroy the charm of mentalism?
How does technology affect mystery and why is the biggest mistake in mentalism the use of hidden computers and electronic gadgets?
Richard Osterlind is indisputably one of the top figures in mentalism today. He has performed internationally for the business and social elite for over 40 years and is recognized as one of the most sought-after entertainers in his field. Professionals worldwide use his material and his top-selling books and videos rate among the most acclaimed and successful in the industry.
Inside the pages of this remarkable book, Richard shares his secrets on all aspects of performing. Learn how to make your mentalism more commercial and powerful than you would have believed! Learn the secrets of effectively developing your performing style and how to deliver what people pay to see! Richard will even teach you what to think during your performance and why this is so vital!
Meant as a companion to Richard's monumental work, The Principles of Magic, this book may be his most provocative and insightful work to date.
Some of the chapters inside this remarkable book include:
- What the audience sees first.
- What are the different levels of mystery?
- How to properly use uncertainty, tension, surprise, elation, exhaustion, humor and release.
- The secret of the remarkable Power Silent Script.
- Why procedures are not problematic and how they are actually beneficial to your mentalism.
- The practical selection of effects.
- Why levels of ability are so important.
- ...and much, much more.
Pages: 86 - 5.5" x 8.5" - Softcover - Perfect Bound